Sr Director, Associate General Counsel - Transactions
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1815852
Job Description Summary
We are looking for a seasoned biopharmaceutical attorney to join and collaborate with its in-house legal department in San Diego, California, reporting to the Chief Legal Officer and Corporate Secretary. The successful candidate will be able to work at all levels of the Company and should have a strong background in biotechnology/pharmaceuticals. You should be able to provide sound legal advice on a broad range of strategic areas, including M&A, licensing, corporate securities, regulatory, and employment. You must be diligent and proactive, show excellent business judgment and strategic thinking, along with the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a collegial, fast-paced team environment.
- Draft, negotiate various agreements related to licensing, partnership, collaborations and potential M&A
- Apply legally sound and commercially realistic legal advice to manage litigation and third party discovery in a manner that balances legal risk, compliance, business and operational objectives and resources
- Work with the Chief Legal Officer and collaborate effectively with Finance on corporate filings with the SEC and globally.
- Collaborate with Human Resources to apply employment laws evenly and fairly across all personnel level
- Coordinate with the Chief Legal Officer to manage legal risk and strategy
- Provide high quality, timely and practical legal advice, and guidance, identify, and help resolve critical legal and business issues arising from across the organization.
- Provide practical legal advice relating to applicable laws and regulations, as well as contractual obligations, while proactively identifying and helping manage risk profile of the company.
- Maintain corporate policies across the organization, managing updates as the laws and regulations change.
- Work with the contracts team, in supporting the drafting and negotiating contracts, including master services agreements, clinical trial agreements, supply agreements, and material transfer agreements.
What is Required
- Licensed attorney with 10+ years of experience in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry, preferable a mix of in-house and firm experience.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities including experience coordinating with cross-functional teams, as well as providing sound business and legal judgment, and strategic and analytical thinking.
- Real-time risk management capabilities in a landscape with shifting regulations and guidance and capability to provide long-term vision for the company.
- Self-motivated, practical, and interested in working on a wide range of legal matters to lead the Company on legal implications of its business strategy.
- Experience working with all levels of management and key business stakeholders with a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate legal risks to executive leadership and senior management.
- Excellent organizational skills and able to work with a team to meet critical deadlines; flexible and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Role will be based at Company HQ in San Diego and requires COVID-19 vaccination or weekly negative COVID-19 test results.
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.