Sr Director, IT Business Partner, Clinical Development Functions (Remote or Office based)
Department: Facilities / IT
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 2307051
Job Description Summary
The IT Business Partner will serve as a strategic partner and trusted advisor to Mirati's Clinical Development Teams and supporting functions. Mirati is in an exciting growth organization where a robust digital strategy and execution are key to the success of the R&D pipeline and ongoing excellence of operations. The business partners included in the Clinical Development Teams include: Clinical (medical science and operations), Regulatory & Quality, Safety & Pharmacovigilance, Biometrics, Integrative Sciences, and Program Management.
- Serve as the strategic partner and main point of contact for IS to the Clinical Development organizations, with membership in the R&D Leadership Team.
- Establish and maintain the Clinical Development Digital Roadmap based on the organizations' strategic objectives and operations and, in turn, drive the execution of the roadmap projects.
- Build out the processes and solutions in partnership with the business functions to support Clinical Trials execution leveraging internal solutions (e.g., Veeva) and external relationships (e.g., IRT partners and CROs), to secure Mirati's ownership of critical data assets.
- Support patient safety with key solutions for case management, analysis, reporting and signal detection.
- Power Clinical insights and enable innovation with a data strategy for a cloud-based data platform with analytical and insight generation capabilities.
- Explore innovative technologies to support the ongoing digital transformation of Clinical Development and trial execution including Decentralized Clinical Trials, IoT data acquisition and analysis, as well as AI and ML.
- Build effective relationships with the Clinical Development team management and leadership and to become a trusted advisor and partner.
- Collaborate with the business partners to bring technology solutions to bear on their business challenges and to support their strategic objectives.
- Apply knowledge of the biotech/ pharmaceutical industry generally, and Clinical Development, specifically to the Mirati Clinical Development environment to put forward recommendations and to implement solutions that further strengthens the development organization's ability to execute on its objectives.
- Manage the Clinical Development (and supporting functions) Digital portfolio, leading individual projects within that portfolio as needed.
- Lead the Clinical Informatics team to remove roadblocks and continue its growth as a high-performing team.
- Maintains a pulse on industry technology trends / initiatives and communicates to appropriate business and IT staff.
- Performs administrative and management tasks required to establish and maintain compliance with various regulatory standards established by governing Regulatory agencies including ICH, FDA and EMEA.
- Key member of the Information Services Leadership Team, representing Clinical Development in Mirati's broader Digital Roadmap.
- Applies knowledge and trends of the biotech / pharmaceutical industry while embedding IS best practices such as architecture, security, and integrations
- Direct supervision of IS R&D / Clinical team members, consultants, and vendors.
What is Required
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's in Information Technology, or Business preferred.
- 15+ year experience with 5+ years in progressive leadership
- Served in a business relationship capacity or consultancy to designated business functions with a proven track record of delivering business and technical solutions
- Experience working in the Life Sciences industry required. Experience leading a digital transformation of an R&D organization highly preferred.
- Project mgmt. / delivery experience in both structured SDLC and leading agile teams highly preferred. Certified Scrum Master and/or Product owner a plus.
- Professional demeanor, excellent oral, and written communication skills to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities rapidly to meet tight deadlines.
- Detail oriented and well organized and self-motivated.
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision - to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.