Medical Coder (Contract)
Employment Type: Contractor
Reference Number: 2460088
Job Description Summary
The contract Medical Coder (Data Management) will work with the Coding Managers, Medical Directors, Clinical Development Scientists, and the Pharmacovigilance teams to ensure accurate and consistent coding for clinical data deliverables. This individual may assist in improving internal coding processes and managing medical dictionaries. These activities help to ensure high quality data is achieved in support of analysis for regulatory submissions, safety monitoring, and publications. This is expected to be a 12-month contract position.
Your Responsibilities Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensures adherence to internal coding SOPs, guidelines, and processes, and ensures adherence to industry standards.
- Performs quality oversight of external vendors who are performing coding in accordance with study protocol, coding guidelines, and study requirements.
- Obtains coding review listings from Clinical Programming Leads for coding/medical review.
- Works with Coding Managers to ensure quality coding reviews of data deliverables coded per MedDRA and WHODrug across clinical programs are completed with respect to overall study timelines.
- Interacts with Coding Managers, Medical Directors, and Clinical Scientists as necessary regarding coding review of clinical trial data.
- Assists in managing coding dictionary versions, dictionary support documentation, and the up-versioning of coded terms, as applicable.
- Participates in process improvements to support the collection, coding, integration, monitoring, review, and reporting of coded data.
- Assists with generating WHODrug standardized and/or customized medications listings as requested.
What is Required
- Bachelor's degree in a life science or a health related field, preferably with a strong medical background
- 5+ years of Medical Coding experience in the CRO, pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries
- Expertise with MedDRA and WHODrug
- MedDRA certification preferred
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision - to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.