Director, Financial Planning & Analysis, Business Development & Long Range Planning (Remote or Office Based)
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 2477440
Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Senior Director, Financial Planning and Analysis, the Director, Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) will be a key member of our highly collaborative team with a primary focus on the Mirati Therapeutics Long Rang Plan (LRP) and Business Development (BD) analytics.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- The Director, FP&A will manage the creation, input collection, scenario planning and analysis of Mirati's Long-Range Plan (LRP). The position will manage the kickoff of the processes, help create high level assumptions, closely monitor workstreams impacting the LRP financials and ensure data is provided in a timely manner and at the quality standards required.
- Working closely with the BD Team, manage the financial analysis for Mirati's BD opportunities including collection of inputs, assessing deal comps, evaluating optimal deal structure including financial impact on different scenarios, and overlaying potential deals into the Mirati LRP
- Support company financial initiatives as needed including providing ad hoc analysis and support (e.g., valuation/NPV assessments, impacts on LRP) for all financial matters
- Regular communication and presentations to the Executive Leadership, Finance and BD Teams
- Ensure all key topics are raised proactively and aligned with stakeholders to minimize surprises.
- Develop financial models and productivity tools to help make responsible financial decisions.
- Perform all duties in keeping with the Company's core values, policies and all applicable regulations.
What is Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or related field, MBA preferred
- 10-12 years of experience in a role managing and providing financial support in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical or banking industries.
- Proven experience utilizing advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills to interpret and present large amounts of data.
- Ability to present complicated topics to senior leaders
- Understanding of GAAP and key accounting principles.
- Strong interpersonal skills, along with the ability to work effectively with multiple functional areas in a collaborative, team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced ever-changing environment.
- Alignment with Mirati's culture and values.
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision - to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.