Associate Director, Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis (Remote or Office Based)
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 2479196
Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Senior Director, Financial Planning and Analysis, the Associate Director, Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis will be a key member of our highly collaborative team with a primary focus on the support of the G&A organization and the financial systems. This position will partner closely with G&A leadership to optimize budget management, provide rigorous analytics and insight to the executive level. This position will also lead the oversight and optimization of the FP&A system.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- The Associate Director will lead the coordination of the financial information, including budgets and forecasts, for the G&A organization.
- Drive the budgeting/forecasting process, including supporting financial reporting in partnership with Department Heads to ensure financial information (budget vs actual) and other key performance indicators are provided on a monthly basis in order to cost-effectively manage the department and the business as a whole.
- Ensure all key topics are raised proactively and aligned with stakeholders to minimize surprises.
- Assist and prepare monthly reporting packages that include full financial statements, key performance indicators, key business trends, actual vs budget/forecast variances and comprehensive explanations of key differences for assigned functional areas.
- Work closely with Department Heads to develop and review customized financial reporting to support G&A management and decision making related to budgets, forecasts, etc.
- Develop financial models and productivity tools to help make responsible financial decisions.
- Partner with the G&A and HR organization to understand headcount planning and the impact on financial plans
- Partner with G&A and the Accounting team on the monthly close
- This position will be the lead in managing the FP&A system and work closely with the FP&A team consolidate all the financial information into the system.
- Create discipline on system process - timing of opening and closing of scenarios, submission format, etc.
- Partner with Accounting and the transmission of actuals into FP&A system
- Partner with HR on the reconciliation of total company headcount
- Recommend enhancements to the financial planning and budgeting process and system that effectively generate department and activity-based reporting to meet internal business and SEC reporting requirements.
What is Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or related field, MBA preferred
- 8-10 years of experience in a role managing and providing financial support ideally in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry.
- Proven experience utilizing advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills to interpret and present large amounts of data.
- Experience with financial systems required ideally in Adaptive
- Ability to present complicated topics to senior leaders
- Understanding of GAAP and key accounting principles.
- Strong interpersonal skills, along with the ability to work effectively with multiple functional areas in a collaborative, team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced ever-changing environment.
- Alignment with Mirati's culture and values.
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision - to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.