Head of Talent Acquisition
Department: Human Resources
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 2487428
Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer, the Head of Talent Acquisition will be essential in defining, developing, and leading Mirati's growth, recruiting strategies, and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) programs. You will provide key leadership and mentorship within the Talent Acquisition organization and drive recruiting operational excellence and DEI principles.
- Lead and drive comprehensive recruiting strategies with a strong understanding of talent landscape and analytics to identify, attract, engage, and hire diverse talent
- Develop strong relationships with employees and key leaders across the firm, fostering open communication and trust
- Ensure a high level of business partnership and candidate engagement across Talent Acquisition
- Supervise, coach, mentor, and develop a team including Talent Acquisition Partners, Talent Acquisition Coordinators, and contractors
- Create and improve programs and processes with embedded principles of diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our talent acquisition processes to ensure best-in-class hiring manager and candidate experience
- Develop, lead and direct the diversity, equity and inclusion Talent Acquisition strategies with a deep understanding of target talent populations
- Assess competitive intelligence to identify the areas of greatest opportunity and set a roadmap to meet future growth
- Develop, optimize, and govern talent acquisition operations, processes, and metrics
- Maintain a strong pipeline of qualified candidates and cultivates a broad network of passive talent including developing external partnerships to promote Mirati's employer brand and discover additional talent communities
- Enhance and leverage technology and tools to maximize candidate quality and personal productivity
- Ensure the candidate and hiring manager experience is consistent, inclusive, and aligned with the Mirati values
- Manage TA and HR projects and initiatives
What is Required
- Minimum of 10 years of related talent acquisition or recruiting experience
- Minimum of 5 years of leading or managing talent acquisition team and/or operations
- Must have pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience
- DEI experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Demonstrated experience and successful execution of niche market and technical recruitment, preferably in oncology, highly preferred
- In house, full-cycle recruiting experience
- Proven ability to work autonomously
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook required
- Excellent sourcing techniques including LinkedIn, Google, ATS applicant mining, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision - to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.