Sr. Director, Strategic Sourcing and Procurement
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 2490513
Job Description Summary
Reporting to the SVP, Financial Planning and Analysis and Facilities, the Senior Director, Strategic Sourcing and Procurement will be responsible for leading this function at the company. The role will focus on implementing best practices, building a high performing team and helping optimize spending, as Mirati transitions from a development stage company to a fully integrated biopharmaceutical company. The Sr. Director will be a hands-on resource to the company driving sourcing and procurement strategy, operational efficiency and effectiveness as well as leading through the growth the company will experience.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establish a "Best Practice" Strategic Sourcing and Procurement function within Mirati including creating procedures and process, building, and developing a team and providing future vision for Strategic Sourcing and Procurement at the company.
- Manage Mirati's day-to-day procurement and sourcing team, including the optimization of existing processes, workflows, and interfaces to improve efficiency and productivity in support of corporate objectives
- In support of corporate savings target, look to maximize cost efficiencies while delivering value to the organization
- Oversee and manage of the company purchasing policy including updated the document as needed.
- Build strategic relationships with key internal stakeholders and business partners to ensure value creation, budget management and adherence to procedures and policies.
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with key vendors, especially CROs in which potential dollar savings and value creation is very high
- Review of appropriate documents in the Sourcing process including RFPs, proposals, and contracts
- As the key member of the negotiation team, this individual or members of this individual's team will create negotiation plans and lead the negotiations of most major vendor agreements. Ability to coach, mentor and develop negotiation skills across team members
- Ensure that each requestion receives appropriate number of competitive bids
- Oversee requisition approval flows ensuring that appropriate paperwork and justification is provided
- Identify areas in which Innovation is necessary to improve Strategic Sourcing operations
- Evaluate vendor risk and create risk mitigation strategy
- Work cross functional to drive communication and efficiencies
What is Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or related field, MBA preferred
- 10-15 years of experience in a role managing Strategic Sourcing/Procurement teams, ideally in a life sciences company.
- Experience working with sourcing tools and contracting platforms
- Exceptional cross-functional collaborator, both internally across functions and externally with strategic suppliers.
- Strong knowledge of category management and category strategies based on in-depth market intelligence and knowledge. Strong analytical ability including cost modeling; comfortable driving external benchmarking; proven negotiation and supplier management skills.
- Strong in process improvement and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to think and plan strategically. Position requires strong analytical skills to understand scientific and financial data, recognize key issues and establish priorities
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced ever-changing environment.
- Alignment with Mirati's culture and values.
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision - to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.