Administrative Assistant, Medical Affairs
Department: Medical Affairs
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 2501498
Job Description Summary
Our pipeline is one of the most robust and exciting in the industry and fuels our ambition to make great strides in the fight against cancer. By joining Mirati, you will become part of a leading biotech company with a team of talented professionals dedicated to bringing the latest innovations in cancer treatment to patients. With a focus on teamwork and a commitment to do everything we can to support healthcare professionals in their effort to care for patients, we are well positioned to raise expectations for what companies can do to advance cancer care. We are passionate and dedicated, nimble and fast and are committed to empowerment to enable speed and high-quality customer service. While we go about it, our commitment to do first what is right is unshakable and we promise to put patients first in all that we do.
- Provide administrative and project coordinator support to the medical affairs team
- Manage calendars, scheduling meetings, and coordinate travel planning
- Process expense reports in a timely manner
- Under mentorship with the Director of Conferences, coordinate departmental conference registrations and room blocks and other project related support for conferences
- Support new hire onboarding as requested under mentorship of the hiring managers/team member overseeing training/new hire onboarding
- Under mentorship of the medical project manager, schedule departmental and other medical meetings as requested
- Contribute to organize and schedule virtual, onsite, and offsite meetings
- Facilitate medical affairs meeting logistics as requested
- Proofread, edit and reformat materials including Powerpoint and Word files
- Capture and disseminate meeting minutes
- Track action items
- Coordinate execution of contracts and work orders
- Provide back-up support to Sr. Management, as needed
- Other duties, as assigned
What is Required
- Minimum of two years of experience as an Administrative Assistant, preferably in Life Sciences industry
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and operation of other peripheral devices. Expertise in Powerpoint and Teams a plus
- Experience in securing door-to-door, multi-leg, domestic and international travel
- Ability to maintain and closely guard confidential information
- Aptitude in working cross functionally with all levels of the organization
- Prior experience supporting multiple functions
- Must be highly organized, proactive, eager to learn, and skilled in handling and prioritizing simultaneous assignments
- High school degree or equivalent required
- Associate or Bachelor's degree a plus
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision - to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.