Sr Director, Commercial and Medical Affairs IS Business Partner (Remote or Office Based)
Department: Facilities / IT
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 2562302
Job Description Summary
The Commercial & Medical Affairs Information Services (IS) Business Partner will serve as a strategic partner and trusted advisor to Mirati's Commercial & Medical Affairs functions. Mirati is in an exciting growth organization where a robust digital strategy and execution are key to the success of the commercial build, launch, and ongoing adoption. The business stakeholders included in Marketing, Omnichannel Market Value & Access, Sales, Medical Affairs, Data Analytics, and Digital Innovation.
- Serve as the strategic partner and main point of contact for IS to the Commercial and Medical Affairs organizations, with membership to their respective Leadership Teams.
- Establish and maintain the Commercial and Medical Affairs IS Roadmap based on the organizations' strategic objectives and operations and, in turn, drive the execution of the roadmap projects.
- Build out the processes and solutions in partnership with the business functions to support the US launch and commercial expansion efforts leveraging internal solutions (e.g., Veeva, Marketing Cloud, Pantheon) and external relationships (e.g., Data partners), to secure Mirati's ownership of critical data assets.
- Partner to advance commercial and medical insights and enable innovation with a data strategy for a cloud-based data platform with analytical and insight generation capabilities.
- Explore innovative technologies to support the ongoing digital transformation including physician and patient engagement, artificial intelligence, and machine learning.
- Build effective relationships with the Commercial & Medical team members and leadership and to become a trusted advisor and partner.
- Collaborate with business partners to bring technology solutions to bear on their business challenges and to support their strategic objectives.
- Apply knowledge of the biotech/ pharmaceutical industry generally, and Commercial and Medical, specifically to the Mirati's environment to put forward recommendations and to implement solutions that further strengthens the organization's ability to execute on its objectives and infrastructure investments.
- Manage the Commercial and Medical (and supporting functions) Digital portfolio, leading individual projects within that portfolio as needed.
- Establish, monitor, and act on as appropriate: the health of solutions, processes, support and adoption of technology within the Commercial and Medical ecosystem.
- Partner with Data Analytics, Enterprise Architecture, and Information Management to remove roadblocks and continue its growth as a high-performing team.
- Maintain a pulse on industry technology trends / initiatives and communicate to appropriate business and IS staff.
- Perform administrative and management tasks required to establish and maintain compliance with various regulatory standards established by governing Regulatory agencies.
- Act as a key member of the Information Services Leadership Team, representing Commercial and Medical Affairs in Mirati's broader Digital Roadmap.
- Apply knowledge and trends of the biotech / pharmaceutical industry while embedding IS best practices within architecture, security, and integrations
- Direct supervision of IS Commercial and Medical Affairs team members, consultants, and vendors.
What is Required
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or business-related discipline from a four-year college or university. A Master's in Information Technology, or Business preferred.
- 15+ year experience with 5+ years in a progressive leadership role.
- Experience working in the Life Sciences industry required. Experience leading a digital transformation of a Commercial & Medical Affairs organization highly preferred.
- Experience with a corporate and commercial systems and process implementation to support the launch of a first company product.
- Project management / delivery experience in leading both structured SDLC and agile teams highly preferred. Certified Scrum Master and/or Product owner a plus.
- Served in a business relationship capacity or consultancy to designated business functions with a proven track record of delivering business and technical solutions.
- Professional demeanor, excellent oral and written communication skills to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities rapidly to meet tight deadlines and business demand.
- Detail oriented, well organized and self-motivated.
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRAS G12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRAS G12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision - to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.