Associate Director, SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting (Remote)
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 2597900
Job Description Summary
The Associate Director, SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting will oversee the SEC reporting function, technical accounting research and positions, and SOX compliance of Mirati Therapeutics, Inc. (the "Company"). This role will require a deep understanding of U.S. GAAP, SEC guidance and SOX 404 requirements, strong analytical skills, written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to develop relationships and work cross-functionally. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, detail-oriented, and can help identify and develop best processes and practices to help support growth of our team and the Company.
- Plan, coordinate and execute all external, SEC financial reporting processes and initiatives, including related activities such as:
- prepare annual, quarterly and periodic reports (i.e., 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K), and coordinate reviews and lead meeting discussions over such documents with the Executive Leadership Team, Disclosure Committee, Audit Committee, and external auditors
- prepare the Company's annual proxy statement, including the related directors' and officers' questionnaires, ensuring compliance with all disclosure requirements and coordinating the annual meeting of shareholders
- prepare financial analyses and ad-hoc materials for audit committee and board of director meetings
- Perform technical accounting research around new accounting standards and complex accounting issues, and prepare technical memorandums to support the Company's positions
- Key team member for first time commercial launch biotech company, evaluating accounting standards, disclosures, and our internal control environment for product sales, inventory, and gross-to-net considerations
- Lead SOX 404b compliance efforts, by designing and implementing new internal controls as needed, monitoring ongoing performance and compliance of the Company's SOX procedures, ensuring appropriate documentation (narratives, risk assessments, testing results etc.), and identifying exceptions and conducting remediation efforts as needed.
- Coordinate directly with external auditors and facilitate quarterly review and year-end audit procedures
- Proactively strive for process improvements to enhance financial reporting processes and implement best practices
- Assist with monthly accounting close duties, as needed
- Lead other special projects as required, and other duties to support the finance function
What is Required
- 10+ years of accounting experience; combination of public accounting / life sciences industry experience is ideal.
- CPA Required
- Experience with Workiva, Active Disclosure, or other financial reporting platform
- Experience working in a SOX 404(b) compliant environment
- Substantial experience with and knowledge over U.S. GAAP, SEC guidance and SOX 404 requirements
- Experience at a commercial biotechnology company is a plus
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- High degree of attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRAS G12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRAS G12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision - to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.